Working at ACCESS Europe – Unity in Diversity
Our global workers are flexible, creative and communicative team players having fully understood the success and potential of our ever expanding network. At ACCESS Europe, values such as mutual respect, reliability and fairness meet with internationality and a pleasant atmosphere for the development of cutting-edge products.
Throughout all departments, people and teams are encouraged to take responsibility, to act independently, to think ahead and to take chances where appropriate. A wide room to manouevre, challenging projects, a chance to grow, as well as a warm working atmosphere are waiting for you.
In line with ACCESS mission to enhance everyday lives by providing software connecting users worldwide, our European cloud team is architecting and developing challenging components like gateway authentication, remote access control, dashboard analytics and the like for ACCESS Twine platform used by international customers.
Primary job responsibilities
- Designing and developing high quality, scalable and maintainable server side code for Linux flavors.
- Collaborating with team in collecting and understanding the customer requirements.
- Participating in code reviews.
- Maintaining documentation about the design and implementation work
- Providing technical support and knowledge share within the team.
- Attending customer workshops and meetings (virtual and on-site).
Key Skills and experience
- 3+ years of relevant software development experience on server side.
- Very good programming skills in php, python, scala or erlang. Erlang and python will be excellent and an added advantage. Minimum required are 2 out of php, python, erlang or scala.
- Good deployment experience in Ansible, Chef or other.
- Good database experience in mysql, cassandra or redis.
- Good knowledge in source code management tools such as GitHub, SVN, etc.
- Fluency in English
- Good interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of distributed systems, eventual consistency, caching and building scalable backend systems.
- Good Knowledge of Apache Spark would be an added advantage.
- Good Knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, Docker and micro service architecture.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Primary job responsibilities
- Lead the software testing team, schedule and manage test activities
- Definition of test plan, test strategies, test conditions, test data and test cases based on customer requirements and/or product specifications
- Scheduling and control the test execution, and honor the planned deadlines.
- Analyze and document the test results
- Review of test cases and automate whenever possible, both hands-on and by delegation
- Train test team to grow professionally in QA
- Participate in quality management reviews, ensuring the application design and related work products satisfy the requirements
- Travelling to customer sites (EMEA region)
Key Skills and Experience
- 3+ years job experience in test management and software testing (manual, automated)
- Excellent knowledge of various test methodologies
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
- Knowledge of continuous integration environments (i.e. Jenkins)
- Hands-on experience with webserver configuration (Apache) and Linux administration
- Diploma in computer science, software engineering, telecommunications, electronics or the like
- Fluency in English (verbal and in writing)
- Analytical and methodical working style
- Positive, pro-active attitude
- Confident communicator and teamplayer
How to apply for a job at ACCESS?
All currently open positions are published on this website but we are always interested in talented individuals.
If you would like to apply for one of them or would like to send us your details for consideration via email to email@example.com including the following documents:
- CV (doc/pdf)
- Cover letter, max 1 page (doc/pdf)
Applications by post shall be sent to ACCESS Europe GmbH, HR Department, Essener Straße 5, 46047 Oberhausen, Germany.
VP General Administration
+49 208 8290 6448