NetFront™ Browser BE for Automotive
HTML5 standards-based solution for the delivery of Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), services and applications .
We provide the automotive market with the broadest range of commercially supported HTML5 platforms; enabling OEMs and suppliers to take advantage of full-featured HTML5 based browser solutions. NetFront™ Browser BE is a Chromium Blink-based platform for high performance, secure HTML5 content rendering, provided as a Software Development Kit for OEMs and Tier 1 to embed into their IVI platform.
NetFront™ Browser BE utilises ACCESS’ experience of the embedded browser and CE equipment markets and leverages the latest Chromium Blink technology to provide a dependable and secure solution for the automotive market. NetFront™ Browser BE addresses the real world shortcomings that affect Chromium Blink browsers, including instability in constrained environments, high platform memory usage, large code size and inability to utilise preferred automotive media player solutions.
HTML5 Standards and Platform Support
NetFront™ Browser BE is available for popular automotive operating system platforms, including QNX and Linux, and is provided as an embeddable Software Development Kit (SDK). The SDK approach provides the OEM or Tier 1 maximum flexibility to integrate standards based HTML5 capabilities within their platform and still ensure the best OEM branded presentation of the human-machine interface (HMI) and browsing experience.
NetFront™ Browser BE’s multi-process architecture enables automotive designs to take best advantage of platform and hardware capabilities, such as multi-core CPUs, accelerated graphics processing units (GPUs) and OpenGL-ES. Enhanced compositing algorithms enable the rendering engine to dynamically choose hardware or software rendering based on the content in order to provide the best user experience (UX).
The SDK is a commercially provided solution that includes documentation, world class engineering support and, where required, engineering services. ACCESS professional services help OEMs and Tier 1s to tailor the delivery to a particular device or environment and ensure the success of automotive projects.
The Engine of Next Generation UIs
Based on Chromium Blink HTML5 technologies and provided as an embeddable technology component Software Development Kit (SDK), NetFront™ Browser BE is a highly capable next-generation UI engine that can deliver greatly enriched user experiences (UX) including 3D graphics and animations, HTML5 application stores and HTML5 based applications.
The Power of One Billion
NetFront Browser BE for Automotive is based on market-proven browser technologies that have been successfully deployed in over one and a half billion devices throughout the world. This unique set of technologies have been adapted to improve platform stability, resilience to low memory situations, portability and ability to take advantage of chipset specific features such as multi-core CPUs and the availability of a dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
Key Features and Benefits
- Commercial grade engine: Chromium Blink engine, enhanced with ACCESS technology and experience deployed in over 1.5 billion units worldwide
- Market leading performance through tight platform integration
- Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) 3.0
- DIAL (optional module)
- Platform Media Player APIs
- Plugins : Enhanced, render process based solution, as an alternative to PPAPI
- Hardware acceleration/GPU support, including OpenGL ES and WebGL
- HTML5 Video and Audio tag support
- Key HTML5 features including Canvas 2D, Web Workers, Web Storage, CORS, etc.
- CSS3 including Animations, 3D Transforms, Transitions and Media Queries
- Encrypyted Media Extensions / Media Source Extensions
- WebGL support, extending Java-Script™ to support interactive 3D graphics
- HTML5 Remote User Interface - RUI (optional module)
- Android SDK also available
- HTML5 (Audio/Video tags, Canvas, Web Workers, Web Storage, etc.)
- CSS1, CSS2, CSS3 (Media Queries, Animations, Transforms, Transitions, etc.)
- Configurable digital certificates
- Extended Validation
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- ECMAScript (ECMA-262 3rd Edition)
Browser SDK Features
- Embeddable HTML library
- Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF)
- Render process based plugin extension
- Configurable dynamic memory usage
- Cookie Management
- Cache Management
- Tabbed browsing support
- Page history
- Configurable error pages
Supported CPU architectures
- Connected TVs
- IP and Hybrid Set-top Boxes
- PVRs / DVRs
- Game Consoles
- Internet-capable Media Players
- Automobile Infotainment Systems
- Other Connected Appliances
- Code Size (32-bit): ~60 MBytes* uncompressed
- RAM Size: min. 60MBytes, 256 MB recommended (single tab)
Automotive Sales Contact
To learn more about our products, contact us today.
Related products for Connected cars
Related blog posts
January 26, 2018
CES 2018: the year automotive and entertainment collide
December 14, 2017
New ebook: Gearing up for an IoT-enabled automotive world
January 18, 2017
CES 2017: taking connectivity to the next stage
December 12, 2016
CES 2017: 50 years of automotive and TV innovation