NetFront™ Browser BE
High performance HTML5 Browser built upon Chromium with support for HbbTV, Freeview Play and YouTube
NetFront™ Browser BE is an advanced HTML5 browser featuring high performance and stability on embedded platforms, with support for worldwide TV standards and OTT video portals. NetFront™ Browser BE is an ideal solution for high performance DTVs, set-top boxes, game consoles and automotive in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems. NetFront™ Browser BE is also available as an SDK for Android based platforms.
NetFront™ Browser BE has been engineered to leverage the Chromium Blink HTML5 engine, with ACCESS providing enhanced media player APIs, improving performance and stability in embedded environments. ACCESS also adds support for worldwide DTV standards and leverages the ACCESS experience deployed in over 1.5 billion units worldwide. Satisfying the market demand for media playback and control through proven and optimized external media players delivers better system resource utilization.
HTML5 and DTV Standards Support
External media player APIs enable quick integration of third party, deployment proven media players and ACCESS’ media decoder framework API provides the ability to utilize hardware accelerated decoding for services that utilize EME, such as YouTube.
Key Features and Benefits
- Commercial grade engine: Chromium Blink engine, enhanced with ACCESS technology and experience deployed in over 1.5 billion units worldwide
- Market leading performance on STB platforms through tight platform integration
- Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) 3.0
- YouTube on TV 2017
- Freeview Play 2017
- External Media Player API
- Media Decoder API
- Hardware acceleration/GPU support, including OpenGL ES and WebGL
- Core HTML5 features including Canvas 2D, Web Workers, Web Storage, CORS, etc.
- CSS3 including Animations, 3D Transforms, Transitions and Media Queries
- Encrypyted Media Extensions / Media Source Extensions
- WebGL support, extending Java-Script™ to support interactive 3D graphics
- OpenGL ES supported for portability and performance
- HTML5 Remote User Interface - RUI
- Android SDK also available, ideal for AOSP based devices
The Power of More than a Billion
NetFront™ Browser BE leverages ACCESS’ market-proven browser technologies that have been successfully deployed in over one and a half billion devices throughout the world. This experience enables ACCESS to improve platform stability in low memory situations, take advantage of chipset specific features, leverage the availability of a dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) and to provide market leading APIs for media integration into a Chromium Blink based browser SDK. NetFront Browser BE is offered as a comprehensive commercial grade software development kit that includes world-class engineering support, professional services and documentation.
The Engine of Next Generation User Experience
NetFront™ Browser BE enables Operators to leverage today’s high performance platforms to deliver an enhanced standards based user experience (UX) to their customers. It supports features from HTML5 (Canvas 2D, SVG, etc.), CSS3 (3D Transforms, Animations, Transitions, etc.) and WebGL, enabling STB/DTV manufacturers to take full advantage of hardware capabilities. NetFront Browser BE is a next-generation TV UI engine capable of delivering greatly enriched user interfaces (UIs) and user experiences (UXs) incorporating video, 3D graphics and animations on today’s latest SoC platforms.
Markup & Style Sheets
- HTML5 (Audio/Video tags, Canvas, Web Workers, Web Storage, etc.)
- CSS1, CSS2, CSS3 (Media Queries, Animations, Transforms, Transitions, etc.)
- Configurable digital certificates
- Extended Validation
- Elliptic Curve Cryptography
- ECMAScript (ECMA-262 3rd Edition)
Browser SDK Features
- Embeddable HTML library
- Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF)
- Cookie Management
- Configurable dynamic memory usage
- Cache Management
- Tabbed browsing support
- Page history
- Configurable error pages
Supported CPU architectures
- ARM®, Intel/x86, Android, Linux, QNX
- Connected TVs
- Set-top Boxes (IP and Hybrid)
- PVRs / DVRs
- Game Consoles
- HDMI sticks & Internet Media Players
- Automobile In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) Systems
- Other Connected Appliances
- Code Size (32-bit): ~90MBytes uncompressed
- RAM Size: min. 60MBytes, 256 MB+ recommended (single tab)
To learn more about our products, contact us today.
Product brochure (PDF, 485 KB)