NetFront™ Browser NX 2.0 DTV Profile
An advanced, high performance WebKit-based HTML5 Browser Specifically Optimized for Digital Television
NetFront™ Browser NX DTV Profile is an advanced WebKit-based HTML5 browser that features efficient memory usage, high stability, high portability and comprehensive support for DTV standards or specifications including HbbTV, YouTube Leanback HTML5 and CE-HTML. NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile is an ideal solution for DTVs, set-top boxes, game consoles, Blu-ray Disc™ players and automotive infotainment systems.
NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile was specifically designed and optimized to address the real world shortcomings that affect WebKit-based browsers, including poor performance in STB platforms, instability in embedded environments, platform-dependent implementation and lack of DTV-specific extensions. NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile incorporates unique technologies deployed in over 1 billion units worldwide, including efficient memory usage while minimizing the impact of memory shortages, ensuring optimized memory consumption even under low memory conditions. Flexible porting APIs enable access to GPU accelerated functions and standardized APIs such as OpenGL-ES as well as software engines such as Cairo.
Advanced HTML5 and DTV Standards Support
NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile delivers advanced HTML5 and CSS3 support as well as comprehensive support for DTV profiles and specifications such as HbbTV, YouTube and CE-HTML. Platform-agnostic APIs and DVB middleware-independent DTV extension APIs provide high portability ensuring rapid time-to-market, while NX Browser application APIs enable free and flexible UI customization. NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile is offered as a comprehensive solution that includes world-class engineering support, professional services, documentation and product roadmaps.
Key Features and Benefits
- Commercial grade engine: WebKit enhanced with ACCESS technology deployed in over 1 billion units worldwide
- Market leading performance on STB platforms
- Hardware acceleration/GPU support
- Advanced HTML5 features including Audio/Video tags, Canvas 2D, Web Workers, Web Storage, CORS, etc.
- CSS3 including Animations, 3D Transforms, Transitions and Media Queries
- Supports Leading DTV technologies including HbbTV, YouTube Leanback HTML5 and CE-HTML
- WebGL support, which extends Java-Script™ to enable interactive 3D graphics
- Optimized memory management through the incorporation of unique technologies for efficient memory usage
- High portability with platform-agnostic porting APIs
- OpenGL ES supported for portability and performance
- HTML5 Video/Audio tag support as well as object tag for compatibility
The Power of One Billion
NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile is based on market-proven browser technologies that have been successfully deployed in over one billion devices throughout the world. This unique set of technologies have been adapted to enhance Webkit stability, memory usage, portability and ability to take advantage of chipset specific features such as the availability of a dedicated Graphics Processing Unit (GPU).
The Engine of Next Generation UIs for DTV
NetFront Browser NX DTV Profile enables Operators to deliver an enhanced user experience (UX) to consumers. It supports a large number of graphic related features including those from HTML5 (Canvas 2D, SVG, etc.), CSS3 (3D Transforms, Animations, Transitions, etc.) and WebGL, taking advantage of hardware capabilities where available . NetFront Browser NX is a next-generation TV UI engine capable of delivering greatly enriched user experiences incorporating video element and including 3D graphics and animations.
To learn more about our products, contact us today.
NetFront™ Browser NX
Webkit-based HTML5 browser demo video