NetFront Living Connect for Connected Cars
Media Sharing Solution
NetFront™ Living Connect for Connected Cars is a market-leading Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Technology Component™ solution that enables automotive manufacturers, and consumer electronic companies to quickly and efficiently implement media sharing and media playback use cases for connected cars.
NetFront Living Connect for Connected Cars can be deployed on head units, rear seat entertainment screens or can be provided as an application for mobile and tablet operating systems.
NetFront™ Living Connect has achieved an extensive track record of successful DLNA Certified® device deployments on a variety of consumer electronic devices offered by leading manufacturers in markets throughout the world. It is optimized for portability to embedded devices and features a flexible modularity that allows it to function with any OS or CPU while also providing APIs for easy customization.
ACCESS NetFront Living Connect is packed with features which allow car manufacturers, Tier1s, CE device manufacturers, and content providers to supply end-users with comprehensive support of the very latest media sharing standards.
The combination of ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser and NetFront Living Connect provides a commercially deployable solution that supports Remote User Interface with DLNA VidiPath (CVP-2). Further integration with ACCESS Twine™ enables additional use cases for remote access and data logging.
- Connects personal devices to car infotainment systems
- Enables media-sharing in the car regardless of the device manufacturer
- Shorter time-to-market with an integration-ready Software Development Kit
- Enables car manufacturers to provide their own entertainment solutions
- Market-proven and commercially deployed
- Available for Linux, QNX, iOS, Android, and many other platforms
- Provides premium video distribution using DTCP-IP
- Full-featured DLNA and home/car networking solution
- Supports approved access to content on mobile devices (e.g. browse photos, videos, or music while sitting in the rear seat)
- Enables playback of the personal music catalogue on the car speaker without connecting cables
- Includes a DLNA Certified® application to control head unit, rear seat, and other devices
- Allows photo, music, video, and document sharing over the local Wi-Fi® network
Bring your own device to Car
The solution enables consumer to bring their own device and share music, images, and video to the rear seat or head unit display simply using WiFi in the car.
The NetFront Living Connect application framework allows a user to create playlists and swipe this content right to the head unit and enjoy the personal media at any time.
Rear Seat Entertainment
NetFront Living Connect allows sharing of personal or premium content from the car storage or USB devices to other connected devices in the car. Simply by enabling the sharing feature the driver can provide rear seat entertainment without the need of cables and built-in rear seat screens. The consumer can use any mobile platform such as iOS, Android, Windows, etc.
DLNA Premium Content sharing using VidiPath
NetFront Living Connect supports DLNA VidiPath (CVP-2) using DTCP-IP, authentication, diagnostics and sharing of HTML5 based Remote User Interfaces. This allows car manufacturers to securely stream the head unit user interface to CE and rear seat devices using DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection and secure authentication of devices.
Technology and features
- Solution package delivered as Software Development Kit for Linux, QNX, iOS, Android and Windows and Windows Phone
- Digital Media Server (DMS)
- Digital Media Player (DMP)
- Digital Media Controller (DMC)
- Digital Media Renderer (DMR)
- Upload and download features
- Reference application for all device classes with playlist feature, selective sharing, unified content aggregation and parental control
- Media Processing Engine with high performance content indexing, album art, image and video thumbnail generation
- Smart Media Manager with Web UI, virtual folders such as last played, most played and auto playlist generation
- UPnP Stack, SQLite Database, XML Parser
NetFront Living Connect Software Architecture
To learn more about our products, contact us today.
Product brochure (PDF, 1.2 MB)
CSI Magazine Special "Connected cars"
Download the CSI Magazine December 2015 Special "Connected cars" with special focus "New infotainment options"
CSI Magazine Special "Connected cars"
Download the CSI Magazine June 2015 Special "Connected cars"