Working at ACCESS Europe – Unity in Diversity
Our global workers are flexible, creative and communicative team players having fully understood the success and potential of our ever expanding network. At ACCESS Europe, values such as mutual respect, reliability and fairness meet with internationality and a pleasant atmosphere for the development of cutting-edge products.
Throughout all departments, people and teams are encouraged to take responsibility, to act independently, to think ahead and to take chances where appropriate. A wide room to manouevre, challenging projects, a chance to grow, as well as a warm working atmosphere are waiting for you.
Senior Android Developer (m/f/d)
Since 1984, ACCESS CO., LTD. has provided advanced IT solutions centered around mobile and network software technologies to telecom carriers, consumer electronics manufacturers as well as to the automotive industry around the world.
As constant innovation is in ACCESS' DNA our technology is radically supporting the direction of the lifestyle by transforming megatrends to excellent user experiences worldwide. The 360° Smart Media Platform ACCESS Twine™ enables consumers to seamlessly access public, private and premium content, at home, remotely in the car or on the go at any time, combining the home, the car, and the mobile domain. IoT and Smart Home domains in different fields, i.e. security, and smart metering as well as the integration of cloud services using 3rd parties, for example Amazon Alexa, and the seamless integration with the Media Domain leverages on joint capabilities. ACCESS Twine™ for Car spans the gap between the automotive and the content industries and increases the safety, comfort and flexibility of content consumption for drivers and passengers of innovative mobility concepts.
We are seeking a Senior Android Developer (m/f/d) who will have the opportunity to contribute significantly in defining and developing a wide range of Android platforms as a key member of our global development team.
- Designing, building and maintaining hands-on and by delegation high performance, flexible and highly scalable Android code
- Provide technical leadership to a fast-paced and dynamic Android development team
- Perform code review as well as evaluate, improve, and contribute to the design framework established by the team to define standards and best practices
- Contribute to proof-of-concept and feasibility analysis, as well as to provide input related to the technical design of new applications/systems and architecture
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to architect, design, develop, test, and ship innovative features for our worldwide customers
- Be a proponent of Scrum/Agile methodology, adopting interactive approach to support frequent release of high-quality features
- Travelling to customer sites, if needed
- Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of Android SDK
- 4+ years experience of Android app development with Java preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of object oriented programming languages (Java, C++, C and optionally Objective-C)
- Experience in using private and public API to integrate with mobile applications
- Experience in unit test and test automation is a plus
- Experience in the full mobile applications development life cycle of native and HTML5 applications
- Understanding of various mobile applications development design patterns
- Working knowledge of SCM with strong background of code repository (GIT) and Continuous Integration
- iOS development experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
Information Technology and Services
About ACCESS Europe GmbH
ACCESS launched the first mobile web browser in the 1980s and now provides software solutions to over 1.5 billion connected and mobile devices. We facilitate media consumption outside of the home and in the connected car, enabling the industry to provide a seamless, secure and immersive media experience inside the car. Our solutions also allow car manufacturers to automatically aggregate and analyse the considerable amount of consumer data that comes from the connected car, helping them to offer targeted services and to better understand driver behaviour.
How to apply for a job at ACCESS?
All currently open positions are published on this website but we are always interested in talented individuals.
If you would like to apply for one of them or would like to send us your details for consideration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following documents:
- CV (doc/pdf)
- Cover letter, max 1 page (doc/pdf)
Applications by post shall be sent to ACCESS Europe GmbH, HR Department, Essener Straße 5, 46047 Oberhausen, Germany.
Alternatively you may apply to this position through Linkedin.
VP General Administration
+49 208 827 1014