Working at ACCESS Europe – Unity in Diversity
Our global workers are flexible, creative and communicative team players having fully understood the success and potential of our ever expanding network. At ACCESS Europe, values such as mutual respect, reliability and fairness meet with internationality and a pleasant atmosphere for the development of cutting-edge products.
Throughout all departments, people and teams are encouraged to take responsibility, to act independently, to think ahead and to take chances where appropriate. A wide room to manouevre, challenging projects, a chance to grow, as well as a warm working atmosphere are waiting for you.
Senior Android Developer (m/f/d)
Since 1984, ACCESS CO., LTD. has provided advanced IT solutions centered around mobile and network software technologies to telecom carriers, consumer electronics manufacturers as well as to the automotive industry around the world.
As constant innovation is in ACCESS' DNA our technology is radically supporting the direction of the lifestyle by transforming megatrends to excellent user experiences worldwide. The 360° Smart Media Platform ACCESS Twine™ enables consumers to seamlessly access public, private and premium content, at home, remotely in the car or on the go at any time, combining the home, the car, and the mobile domain. IoT and Smart Home domains in different fields, i.e. security, and smart metering as well as the integration of cloud services using 3rd parties, for example Amazon Alexa, and the seamless integration with the Media Domain leverages on joint capabilities. ACCESS Twine™ for Car spans the gap between the automotive and the content industries and increases the safety, comfort and flexibility of content consumption for drivers and passengers of innovative mobility concepts.
We are seeking a Senior Android Developer (m/f/d) who will have the opportunity to contribute significantly in defining and developing a wide range of Android platforms as a key member of our global development team.
- Designing, building and maintaining hands-on and by delegation high performance, flexible and highly scalable Android code
- Provide technical leadership to a fast-paced and dynamic Android development team
- Perform code review as well as evaluate, improve, and contribute to the design framework established by the team to define standards and best practices
- Contribute to proof-of-concept and feasibility analysis, as well as to provide input related to the technical design of new applications/systems and architecture
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams to architect, design, develop, test, and ship innovative features for our worldwide customers
- Be a proponent of Scrum/Agile methodology, adopting interactive approach to support frequent release of high-quality features
- Travelling to customer sites, if needed
- Extensive knowledge and deep understanding of Android SDK
- 4+ years experience of Android app development with Java preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of object oriented programming languages (Java, C++, C and optionally Objective-C)
- Experience in using private and public API to integrate with mobile applications
- Experience in unit test and test automation is a plus
- Experience in the full mobile applications development life cycle of native and HTML5 applications
- Understanding of various mobile applications development design patterns
- Working knowledge of SCM with strong background of code repository (GIT) and Continuous Integration
- iOS development experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
Information Technology and Services
Senior Software Test Engineer (m/f/d)
Since 1984, ACCESS CO., LTD. has provided advanced IT solutions centered around mobile and network software technologies to telecom carriers, consumer electronics manufacturers, broadcasting and publishing companies as well as to the automotive industry around the world. The mobile solutions have been deployed in more then 1,5 billion devices, the network software solutions are used by over 300 telecommunication equipment manufacturers.
As constant innovation is in ACCESS' DNA our technology is radically transforming the in-car infotainment experience worldwide. ACCESS Twine™ is the 360° Smart Media Platform that enables consumers to seamlessly access public, private and premium content, at home, remotely in the car or on the go at any time, combining the home, the car, and the mobile domain. Moreover, the multimedia content service is aimed at bridging the gap between the automotive and the content industries, supporting, reinforcing and enhancing the OEM's brand experience.
We are seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer (m/f/d) who will responsibly manage the assigned QA team throughout the software development lifecycle of ACCESS products and deliveries to the customer as well as contribute hands-on where required.
- Definition and implementation of test strategies, test conditions, test data and test cases based on customer requirements/product specification
- Lead the software testing team and train them to grow professionally in QA
- Schedule execution of test cases, bug analysis and resolving, results documentation
- Schedule and management of test cycles
- Definition of test scripts in Perl/Python
- Review of test cases and automation whenever possible, both by delegation/hands-on
- Execution of automated scripts for software releases and analysis of results
- Participation in quality management reviews ensuring the application design and related work products satisfy the requirements
- Travelling to customer sites, if needed
- 3+ years working experience in test management and methodologies (test planning, test cases, test execution/reporting, acceptance criteria definition, requirements analysis)
- Excellent working experience in SW development and scripting (Java, C/C++, C#, Python, Perl, JS, Bash), working knowledge of Linux platform
- Very good knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
- Knowledge of continious integration environments (e.g. Jenkins)
- Hands-on experience with webserver configuration (Apache, nginx) and linux administration
- Degree (BS/MS/Dipl.-Ing) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Fluency in English (verbal and in writing)
- Strong communication skills and positive attitude
About ACCESS Europe GmbH
ACCESS launched the first mobile web browser in the 1980s and now provides software solutions to over 1.5 billion connected and mobile devices. We facilitate media consumption outside of the home and in the connected car, enabling the industry to provide a seamless, secure and immersive media experience inside the car. Our solutions also allow car manufacturers to automatically aggregate and analyse the considerable amount of consumer data that comes from the connected car, helping them to offer targeted services and to better understand driver behaviour.
How to apply for a job at ACCESS?
All currently open positions are published on this website but we are always interested in talented individuals.
If you would like to apply for one of them or would like to send us your details for consideration via email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following documents:
- CV (doc/pdf)
- Cover letter, max 1 page (doc/pdf)
Applications by post shall be sent to ACCESS Europe GmbH, HR Department, Essener Straße 5, 46047 Oberhausen, Germany.
Alternatively you may apply to this position through Linkedin.
VP General Administration
+49 208 827 1014